- This event has passed.
Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee Festival
March 1 @ 9:00:00 AM to March 3 @ 6:00:00 PMJMD $1500
The 2nd annual Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee festival takes place in the hills of the world renowned Blue Mountains in Newcastle, St. Andrew’s Parish on the historic regimental grounds overlooking Kingston.
Since 1655, Newcastle – at ~3700 feet above sea level – has been a place for British colonial and then Jamaican army regiments to escape the heat of the plains. This weekend, it welcomes one and all for a celebration of Jamaican cuisine and culture centered around one of Jamaica’s most iconic exports – our Blue Mountain coffee.
With the music city of Kingston as your backdrop, come and experience three days of Jamaican food, coffee and culture along the Blue Mountain Culinary Trail, with indigenous arts and crafts showcases, live Reggae music performances and tours to some of Jamaica’s best kept secrets.
Schedule of Events
- Day 1 – 9 AM to 5 PM+
- Business development workshops for farmers held at the campus of the University of Technology, Jamaica. A shuttle between the campus and Newcastle in the hills above Kingston is included. Following the day’s events, the Jamaica Coffee Growers Cascade Coffee Cluster will be hosting a domino tournament as a get together and a place for the exchange of ideas and getting to know other coffee communities.
- Day 2 – 10 AM to 6 PM
- Cultural showcases featuring live music, barista demonstrations, and special coffee-infused food and beverages.
- Rowan’s Royale will be representing the small farmers at the Jamaica Coffee Grower’s Association booth.
- Day 3 – 9 AM to 6 PM
- The festivities include Misty Bliss an annual celebration at Holywell in the Blue and JohnCrow Mountin National Park.
- Discover unique eaters tucked away in the Blue Mountains along the Jamaica Blue Mountain Culinary Trail. Please call for reservations and more information. Please note, there will be no shuttle service this day.
- Blue Ridge : 876-562-7580
- Belcour Lodge : 876-383-8943
- Crystal Edge : 876-944-8053
- Devaldos Bistro & Café at Rafjam Bed and Breakfast : 876-944-8094
- EITS Cafe : email@example.com
- Heritage Gardens at Cold Spring : 876-978-6297 876-978-9519
- Strawberry Hill : 876-944-8400
- The Gap : 876-361-4192 876-833-9165
- Day 1 – 9 AM to 5 PM+
- March 1 @ 9:00:00 AM
- March 3 @ 6:00:00 PM
- JMD $1500
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- Belcour Lodge, Blue Mountain Culinary Trail, Blue Ridge, Crystal Edge, Devaldos Bistro & Café at Rafjam Bed and Breakfast, EITS Cafe, festival, Heritage Gardens at Cold Spring, Jamaica, Jamaica Coffee Growers Cascade Coffee Cluster, Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, Kingston, Newcastle, reggea, Strawberry Hill, the Gap
- Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee Festival
- Newcastle, Jamaica
JDF Newcastle Cemetary
Kingston, St. Andrew's Parish Jamaica + Google Map